American Urological Association - Tuberculous Epididymo-Orchitis
- Usually associated with GU involvement elsewhere, especially prostate (which in turn stems from renal involvement).
- In the pediatric population, testicular TB is usually a reflection of hematogenous spread from a pulmonary lesion.
- Adults more commonly affected (75% >35 years of age).
- Symptoms include scrotal pain and enlargement with or without constitutional symptoms (fever, night sweats, etc.).
- Caseating and noncaseating granulomas (image A) & (image B).
- Confirm by presence of acid fast bacilli.