This program allows one urologist to visit the United States, during which the scholar observes urologic surgeries/procedures, and attends clinics and staff activities. The scholar does not perform surgery or hands-on patient care. The program fosters the alliance between the AUA and Confederación Americana de Urología (CAU) and assists in identifying future leaders within those organizations
This program allows one scholar to visit one U.S. host institution for a one-month period, and an additional week to attend the AUA Annual Meeting.
To be eligible for the program, the candidate must:
- be a practicing urologist within the regions of CAU’s membership
- be a member of the local or national urological organization in his/her country
- be a certified practicing urologist (within first 10 years of practice)
- be 42 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- demonstrate competent command of the English language
- be able to proactively assist in obtaining visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with AUA staff
- be able to travel to the United States for up to 4 weeks
The candidate must fill out an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by October 1, 2017.