The AUA's Mexican Visiting Scholar program allows one urologist from Mexico to visit the United States, during which the scholar observes urologic surgeries/procedures, and attends clinics and staff activities. The scholar does not perform surgery or hands-on patient care. The program fosters the alliance between the AUA and Mexican Urology .
This program allows one Mexican scholar to visit one U.S. host institution for a one-month period (in the spring), and an additional week to attend the AUA Annual Meeting.
We are not currently accepting applications for this program.
To be eligible for the program, the candidate must:
- be a urologist in Mexico and be a member of a local or national urological organization in his/her country
- be a certified practicing urologist
- be 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- demonstrate competent command of the English language
- be able to proactively assist in obtaining visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with AUA staff
- be able to travel to the United States for up to 5 weeks
The candidate must fill out an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted by October 1, 2017.