In 2013, the AUA joined the Choosing Wisely® campaign, an initiative of the ABIM Foundation. We released a list of specific tests or procedures that are commonly ordered but not always necessary in urology as part of the campaign. In 2015, the list was expanded with five additional recommendations. The full list identifies targeted, evidence-based recommendations that can support conversations between patients and physicians about what care is necessary.
Questions about the AUA Choosing Wisely Champion nomination process should contact quality@AUAnet.org.
Choosing Wisely Resources
- AUA List of 10 Things Physicians and Patients Should Question [pdf]
- PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer [pdf]
- Antibiotics for People With Catheters [pdf]
- Treatment for Erection Problems [English]
- Tratamiento para los problemas de erección [Español]
For more information, please visit www.ChoosingWisely.org.